Monday 17 October 2011

KAL with luvinthemommyhood!

I am really excited to take part in the current KAL with the lovely shannon from luvinthemommyhood.  I followed the summer sweater KAL with some envy, wishing I could knit a sweater too.  The inspiration boards that shannon put together were gorgeous!  Sign up to take part here!
                                                             luvinthemommyhood
I have tried knitting but get bored when using thin wool as it seems to take forever to see results.  I am far too impatient!  Big chunky wool is fine, but crocheting is even better.  That's the beauty of this KAL it can be crocheted too and its a cozy cowl so it will work up fast!  I have signed up and am busy thinking of what to do.  I am going to design my own cowl and its going to be big!  These last few weeks I have made two cowls, one for my shop and the other for a family members gift. can't say too much.  I also made a red one for the September Celebrate colour entry with matching mits!  I think I love cowls more than scarfs as they can just dangle round your neck and not drag on the floor and get covered in mud when your playing with your kids in the park!

                                                               Source: peoplewebs.blogspot.com via Lucy on Pinterest

                                                                              Source: etsy.com via Lucy on Pinterest

                                                                               Source: colorful-stitches.com via Lucy on Pinterest


The nights are getting dark now, I have a craving for hot chocolate with cinnamon mmmmmm! So its time to get comfy and cozy on the sofa and crochet the night away!  (ummm, isn't it supposed to be dancing!) ;)

                                                                                  Source: bhg.com via Lucy on Pinterest

P.S. I have made a promise to myself to try out some recipes again soon, just busy figuring out how to make my brother's wedding cake! it's in less than two weeks! eeeek! Don't panic it's just a sponge one! But i'm sure whatever can go wrong , will go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment