Tuesday 22 May 2012

Crochet lampshade


Whilst being ill with bad cold etc for the last week or more, I still wanted make something but didn't want the effort of having to concentrate.  This is where crochet comes in.  I hadn't done any crocheting since before christmas. After the rubbish cowl I had been attempting to make for myself, see this post, I had been put off!  Not by crochet itself but in my ability to adapt to make my own design for my needs.

However the best thing about crocheting is that it works up fast.  I love instant gratification.  It also doesn't take much concentration, so it is easy on the brain, and eyes.  So I went for it.  I frogged my rubbish cowl, and used the beautiful Rowan Cocoon wool to make this lampshade cover for our bedroom.



The light was bad, so please excuse the pictures.  It looks so much better up. See...


I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I adapted this pattern which is a beautiful shawl, to make the shade, working in the round and just basically winging it.  I am so pleased with the results.  I might actually get round to making a tutorial one day!  I will definitely make another one, probably in a brighter coloured yarn for the lounge.
I am hooked on crochet once more. In fact I have started a shawl for my mum as her birthday gift.  It's going to be quite big so it will take some time!

What projects are you doing?  Did you have a good weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment